Following yesterday’s announcement by an Taoiseach and various government departments, we are updating the situation regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19.
Given the national move from containment to delay, and in order to minimise the risk of virus transmission, we are now recommending the immediate suspension of all older people’s gatherings.
WE ARE ASKING YOU TO CANCEL ALL MEETINGS, EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Please continue to observe the HSE’s advice on social contact.
- Refrain from handshakes or direct physical contact as much as possible
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the bend of your elbow when you cough or sneeze
- If you are worried that you may be suffering from symptoms of COVID-19, contact your GP by phone and DO NOT ATTEND IN PERSON
- If you want any further advice on COVID-19, Seniorline volunteers are updated twice daily by the HSE and are available from 10am-10pm to take your call on Freephone 1800 80 45 91
If your group has a holiday booking in the next few weeks, please contact your tour operator, travel agent or hotel.
We ask secretaries and group committees to continue to stay in contact by phone or text with members.
Please pay attention to national news on television and radio for updates from the HSE.