This is Part 2 of an interview which Jim Lockhart sat down with our very own Michael Lyster
Jim was a founder-member of Horslips, along with Barry Devlin, Eamon Carr and Charles O’Connor.
The band was named from a spoonerism on The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse which became “The Four Poxmen of The Horslypse”. Regarded as ‘founding fathers of Celtic rock for their fusion of traditional Irish music with rock music and went on to inspire many local and international acts.
Now Horslips, in association with Senior Times have 33 CDs are giving away to one lucky person More Than You Can Chew – a Limited Edition Box Set.
Fifty years after their debut on vinyl, Horslips take one more curtain call as they emerge with the release More Than You Can Chew – the ultimate collection of their recorded work, spanning more than 500 audio tracks on a staggering 33 CDs and 2 DVDs of filmed performances. In all, that’s over 20 hours of previously unreleased band-related content.
• 33 CDs with 506 audio tracks – 252 of which (16 hours) are previously unreleased
• 2 DVDs with 60 video tracks and 2 documentaries – 43 of which (4.5 hours) are previously unreleased
• 2 books – On The Record (a lavish new recording history of Horslips) and Lyricography
• 5 signed vintage 8 x 10 photos
• A collection of fan club facsimiles from the ’70s and a National Stadium, Dublin 1972 poster
To be in with a chance of winning the wonderful set of 33 CDs – Click on the link below
Or to order your box set now visit :