Dublin Assay Office: Panel of Hallmarking Operators (Part-Time)
Salary: based on experience
Hours of Work: Part-time, up to 20 hours per week, flexible
The Dublin Assay Office (www.assay.ie) is responsible for the hallmarking of all gold, silver, platinum or palladium jewellery or plate, manufactured or imported into Ireland.
We are forming a panel of part-time Hallmarking Operators to support our Hallmarking production team, at our premises at Dublin Castle.
We are seeking flexible, hard-working and positive individuals with the following skill sets: confident, flexible attitude, dexterous with good eye and hand coordination, quick learner, customer liaison, articulate, and self-motivated. You will work as part of a team of Operators, reporting to the Supervisors and Manager of the Hallmarking area.
No previous experience required and full on-job training will be provided to ensure you achieve a high level of competence in all aspects of the role.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Unpacking and tray preparation of items
• Laser hallmarking
• Press work hallmarking
• Hand mark hallmarking
• Packaging of items for shipping
• Administrative duties, accurately recording items processed, and record levels of work, turnaround times achieved, and quality issues flagged
• Proactive communication regarding quality, operational or customer matters with the Production Manager or Supervisor to ensure there are no issues or concerns
• Abide by the Company’s Security rules and Regulations.
This is a part-time role based on up to 20 hours per week. Shift pattern to be agreed.
• Excellent communication skills, confident, calm and professional under pressure
• Good eye and hand coordination
• Pick up practical skills quickly
• Effectively resolve issues with customers
• Work effectively and pro-actively both within a team and on own
• Positive can-do attitude
• Interested in the Jewellery trade.
About the Dublin Assay Office
Founded in 1637 by Royal Charter, the Dublin Assay Office strives to bring its traditional values of consumer trust and confidence, into a contemporary vision of a customer-facing organisation. Our actions and beliefs are guided, wholeheartedly, to realising this objective, in a manner which supports our customer’s goals and aspirations. We seek excellence in three core domains – people, products and processes. We believe that as we change, grow and flourish, we expand our capacity to help our clients do the same. If this vision appeals to you too, we hope you will join us on our journey.
If you are interested in this role and wish to apply, please email email@example.com with your CV quoting this vacancy.