As part of UCD’s “Protein and Health” project, they are looking for volunteers who would like to take part in a 12-week intervention study
UCD are investigating the effect of increased protein consumption on health outcomes including muscle function, metabolic health, sleep quality and quality of life in adults aged 50 years or older.
Information about the study
The study is part of a Career-Fit Fellowship funded through a co-fund with the European Union’s Horizon 2020 and Enterprise Ireland and will be carried out in UCD.
In this study, UCD will examine the impact of consumption of protein (in the form of ready-to-mix drinks) on various health parameters. These parameters include muscle function, metabolic health (e.g. cholesterol levels), anthropometry (body weight, body circumferences, body fat percentage, fat free mass), as well as sleep quality and quality of life in general.
The study involves:
- visits to UCD – pre and post the intervention
- Collection of a blood sample before and after the intervention
- 4-day food diary, and questionnaires about sleep quality and quality of life before and after the intervention
- Assessment of body composition before and after the intervention
- Assessment of muscle strength before and after the intervention
We are looking for adults who:
- Are aged 50 years or older
- Are generally healthy
- Are not an athletes/bodybuilder
- Are not pregnant or lactating.
For more information please contact UCD on 01 716 6811 or firstname.lastname@example.org